The wickedly fast Lightning Series 1/8″ carbide drill bit is designed specifically for the high speeds of CNC routers. Want to make Cribbage boards and other CNC woodworking projects. This high-performance 1/8″ drill bit for CNC routers will be your go-to bit from now on.
Drill through every hole at lightning speed. With the ability to drill at 17,000 RPM and 60 inches per minute, each hole is completed at blazing speed…less than a second without peck drilling! And the Lightning Series 1/8 CNC drill bit will last through more cribbage boards than you can imagine.
If you are planning on designing and making DIY cribbage board games, you want the holes to be perfectly positioned. And regular drill bits can’t guarantee that.
Whether you are making a cribbage board by hand or with a drilling jig or on a CNC router, choosing any standard drill bit can lead to problems in your project. Because standard 1/8 drill bits lack the rigidity and a true point.
This 1/8″ router drill bit has 3 characteristics built into it for extreme performance:
- It is made of solid carbide steel. Standard 1/8″ drill bits are made of high-speed steel. Density changes in wood grain cause high-speed steel bits to flex while drilling, causing your cribbage board holes to be out of alignment and at a slight tilt. Carbide is rigid so it resists flexing.
- High-speed steel heats up faster, so peck drilling is required to allow the tip to cool.
- The point grind reduces burrs around the top of the hole. It also holds a sharp edge 100x longer than high-speed steel.
- The smoothed flutes allow chip ejection while the drill bit is plunging, further allowing a complete hole without pecking.
The 1/8 CNC router drill bit will last through hundreds of boards if you follow the feeds & speeds listed below. This 1/8 cribbage board drill bit can also be used for aluminum, brass, /steel acrylic, and other materials.
Included are Cribbage board files I found for free. They are yours to do what you want.
Watch this video to see the bit perform
- Cut diameter: 1/8″
- Shank: 1/8″
- Length: 2.4″
- Flutes: 2
- Flute length: 0.75″
- Material: 100% carbide
- Plunge feed: 60-70 inches per minute
- Speed (rpm): 17000 (Makita dial 3.5)
- Max plunge depth: 0.75 inches.
- Due to flute length, cannot full stroke plunge past 0.75 inches
- After 0.75 inches, set peck to 0.1″
For Vectric users, get the latest CNC router bit tool database by clicking here
For CNC’s with routers, refer to this PDF download feeds & speeds table